Thursday, August 27, 2009

What I'm reading / thinking about lately

This author, Khaled Hosseini, has completely captured my attention and I've devoured both of these books in the last six months.

Beware - they're serious books (and also not Christian)! Not, Not, NOT for children or for the faint of heart. And read them only if you want to not be able to sleep as you ponder the injustices that 95% of the world faces.

Unless you're American. Then injustice simply means you didn't get your hamburger fast enough in the drive through.

This is why I'm not upstairs sleeping. I can't get the pictures out of my mind. But it's not a bad thing. It's making me long for Jesus and heaven and peace and justice and being ruled with an iron fist and loving it.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus. End injustice and fight for the orphan!

1 comment:

Beth Young said...

Kite Runner was amazing! So much raw emotion and humanity packed into that book, with redemption, however complicated, at the end.