Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mommy Date

Shelby informed me today that while Daddy was taking Hailey fishing we WOULD be going on a Mommy date. I confess I was only really half listening, and after Shelby woke up from her 4 hour nap this afternoon I'd mostly forgotten about the one-sided conversation we had.

Well due to the fact that the nap WAS 4 hours there was a little pee-pee accident that needed to be cleanup (which is not a big deal). So when Shelby came downstairs with different clothes on I didn't really pay attention, kind of because I was all tired from waking up from a nap too.

Anyways, I was kind of struck by how Shelby was really obsessing about what to wear, and needing to look like a princess, and which shoes to wear (like, I'm already envisioning what high school might sound like). So I'm sitting there watching tv and vegging when Shelby declares that she's ready to go. I was like "Where?" and she was like "For our date (that I got all dressed up for!)" Then she was like "You better go change out of your pajamas for our date."

It was so adorable! So I thought really quick about an awesome date that could be accomplished before bed time and we ended up sharing a banana split at the Rossville park. Fun times! It really was a perfect day for the park - it's only like 70 degrees and overcast - and not sweaty at all!

This picture is on our way out. Shelby had to stop and give the kitten one last kiss before leaving!



We ate our banana split on the adult porch swing that's at the park. I love the Rossville park. It really is one of the nicest little towns around - very clean, very respectable, very small.
Here's Shelby enjoying the teeter totter.


Shelby climbing on the very dangerous looking jungle gym dome. I'm really afraid of a couple of the park pieces. They kind of look like industrial grade torture devices, and if you fall just right you could decapitate yourself.



This is one of my fave pics of the evening. I love the colors and the elysian joy on Shelby's face!


WHEEEEEEEEE!


This is the other death trap device at the Park. Do you see how high this thing is????? I swear one day one of the kids is going to die on it!


Still the bliss at the end of the slide is worth the heart attack is brings Mommy!


What a great idea Shelby! We had a great Mommy Date!!

3 comments:

The mom~ster said...

this made me smile

Molly said...

Aren't kids great?! :)

BAHowells said...

She is absolutely stunning! What a fun time.