Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 5 - Wednesday

Shelby's 4th Birthday

We woke up and started off any birthday the way you should - opening presents.

It was so funny to see Shelby all day playing up that she was now 4 and was entitled to the many (in her opinion) new privileges that such an accomplishment should entail. She reminded us of the fact that now that she was 4 she could _________________. It's so funny because Hailey never did that. To her the numbers of her birthday were meaningless. With Shelby, well, let's just say the sun and moon rotate around her and all the world should join in the celebration!


The Presents -

From Hailey - a set of ball gloves for playing. I thought it would be a good present for our vacation but upon arriving to our cabin we realized it would not be. If we were so far up the mountain we were worried about our children rolling down the mountainsides then we SURELY would lose a ball down the side. Hopefully we'll be able to try them out soon.


Mommy - a new children's piano


Daddy - a new Tinkerbell doll. Obviously a hit!



For Shelby's birthday since it was raining again we went to Ripley's Aquarium. It was so cool! (BTW - we have discovered that unless you like experiencing obscenely annoying traffic you should not venture into Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, or Gatlinburg, Tennessee in July or August.)



While walking along I spotted this shirt and HAD to get a picture. This is the town my dad is from in Pennsylvania. I introduced myself, asked to take a picture, and found out they know my little brother. Crazy!



This was the coolest part of the aquarium! A walk through tunnel aquarium with all kinds of fish and sea creatures in it.


More tunnel pics - it was so cool!



This beast swam right over our head! Yikes!



The touch center for horseshoe crabs!


Walking along the sidewalks in Gatlinburg was a colorful experience! Flowers were everywhere. I loved it.


The perfect way to finish the day - Chocolate Explosion Cake. It was so cute. I had to buy the cake at a grocery store and I bought the tube of icing to put Shelby's name on. She reminded me all week that I was going to need to put her name on her cake so she could blow her candles out. She is so stinking cute!

1 comment:

The mom~ster said...

SG == "I think you had a great time. The pictures were great. I think it would be cool if the shark swam over our heads."

CB == "I don't want to do anything." (in a grumpy tone of voice)

M~S=="your vacation pictures looked so wonderful. We loved seeing them and reading about each of your days. We think that Shelby loooooooooooookkkkkkkssss sooooooo grooooowwwwnnnnn up since she is 4, we hardly recognized her. If I had been at your cabin i would have definitely tired out the hot tub."

We love you!!!