Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 4 - Tuesday

There were a lot of really cool things about our cabin, but this one was one of my faves! REAL silver silverware from the cabin owner's antique shop probably. I NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER eat off of paper plates or with plastic silverware (just ask Brian it drives him crazy) and NEVER (times a million) do I eat off foam plates.

I feel like eating should be an event - with real plates (preferably antique plates with gold trim) and with real silverware and with real glass glasses.

I felt like I was close to heaven eating off of real SILVER silverware.


I did embrace my potential hillbilly side and tried Boiled Peanuts. You have to say them "Bowled Peanuts" if you want to have the real experience. They were different, salty and different, but very good. A little drippy wet but good.

Our cool jacuzzi! Loved it!


A little family fun in the hot tub.


A mysterious night. It rained almost every day. I felt like we lived in a jungle, because it was so moist. However, it never really got humid except one day and best of all there were NO bugs other than gnats. We discovered that if you stuck a Bounce dryer sheet in your hat you didn't even have gnats bothering you, b/c apparently they do not appreciate smelling laundry fresh.


No comments: