Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Giving In

I'm really easy to get along with. I really am. I enjoy all sorts of fun stuff. I love to be unique. I hate conformity and I hate fakeness. So if I can't do something with integrity then I either don't do it all or I wait until I have the right motives.

Of all the things I hate - I hate fake relationships. I have this thing against Myspace and Facebook. I feel like it's artificial. You don't have deep meaningful conversations with your best girl over tea and Facebook. So I've avoided them like the plague.

And yet here I am with a blog. I make fun of people who have blogs and no real friends, or people who are so addicted to their computers they wouldn't know what to do if a real person wanted to strike up a conversation.

But I've come to this conclusion - not all blogs are fake relationships and sometimes the best way to keep real relationships with real people you love who are far away involved in your life is to make sure your deepest friends and most honest relationships have what they need to stay involved - information and opportunity. So here I am caving . . . giving in . . . to the cultural obsession that is the blog. I can feel my soul screaming already. So here you go, all my sweet family so far away - this one's for you. Hope you enjoy the rambling commentary about our elysian life.

4 comments:

The mom~ster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I for one look forward to staying connected with you through your new blog. (:

cynthia said...

congratulations on keeping up with the times. you're ahead of me. I enjoy reading about things.

The mom~ster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.