Sunday, July 20, 2008

Crazy Week

For some reason this past week has felt like a blur. I'm not sure if it was because we were getting ready for our "staycation" this week or because it actually did fly by.

We started our week with our annual trip to the County Fair where we enjoyed our yearly fair food, customary three rides, and walk through the animal barns. Either the fair keeps getting smaller every year or we keep getting broader horizons, but whatever the case it felt a little disappointing this year. It could have been the oppressive heat we were dealing with, the supper that was not tasty yet outrageously priced. I really wanted to ride on the Ferris Wheel, but Brian has this quirk about him where the thought of allowing his family on a ride that is several stories high is not permissible, especially when that ride has been carried around on the back of a truck, set up by people making less than minimum wage (who also smell like cabbage), and maintained negligibly (to say the least). Whatever the case, we got our yearly fair participation in and here's the highlights.







So here we are on vacation . . . really "staycation" since we're not really going anywhere and we're not really doing anything (except I did forget that I have a board meeting this week, so I'm going to work one day of our vacation). We are planning to go to King's Island on Tuesday. The girls are VERY excited to meet SpongeBob. It has gotten them out of several attitude problems this week - to be reminded of the meeting of SpongeBob SquarePants in person has been very motivating! We're hoping that mommy and daddy are as excited as the kids are when it happens.

The other big news this week:
- We ate our first ripe cherry tomatoes from the garden. They were DELISH!

- We went on a picnic on Friday to Adam's Mill. We took Oscar with us somewhere for the first time. He was really well behaved, had a great time, and we learned that he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to swim in the river. He splashed, chased the current, and swam like a fish. We can hardly wait to take my sister and her family there the next time they visit. Hailey and Shelby, our two little scaredy-cats who can't go to bed without a nightlite, dove right into the river headfirst like they were created to be river rats. Who would have thought?

- The brakes on my Jeep went out this morning. I thought they felt a little weird on the way home last night, but I poohpoohed it. But turns out they actually were broke, because this morning when I went to drive to work for a parent meeting my foot went to the floor and nothing happened. Luckily, Brian's amazing and fixed them, and we have an extra car that I hurriedly switched the car seats to without missing a beat and wasn't even late for work.

- The girls found a baby bunny at Lukey's house, and now they're determined that the only thing that will make life worth living is if we get a pet bunny.

- It was my niece's half birthday and we sent a cool present (that she loved).

- Along with that present, I promised my sister to pay her for my part of a gift on Monday and it only took until Wednesday to remember to send the check. The fact that I got someone their check the week I said I would has to be some kind of world record for me.

- I was on national TV. That was cool. I was on the 700 Club about Vision of Hope. I don't quite know how to add links yet, so go to www.cbn.com, click on the 700 Club, and watch the show from July 14th. Our segment airs at 54:28.

- And finally, I love my husband for lots of reasons, but here's a big one this week. I left for the day with a huge pile of dirty dishes and here's what I came home to . . .


Isn't he wonderful!!!!

No comments: