Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fakey Green Day

So last night I worked an extra hour to help deal with a parental crisis at work, bringing my total work hours this week close to 4,005. (Or so it seems.)

I walked in the door to a sad looking husband upset about the longness of the grass outside that desperately needed to be cut, and two little girls squealing with delight over the fact that they'd stayed on green all day and would surely get an obedience treat.

So I flopped my tired self on the chair, ate the food offered to me by my dear husband, and then rejoiced in the details Hailey reported about Shelby of "perfect obedience" at Miss Teena's house. Then they reported that neither had been in Time Out all day, thus making it a GREEN DAY. We get to have obedience treats tonight before bed!!!! All the world can begin rejoicing!

After watching a rerun of ICarly that we have literally seen a million times I decided that if I had to keep my mind on the show that we had seen that many times I might as well has some fun doing it. So I restyled the girls hair . . .





Obedience Treats get passed around at the end of the night, as close to bedtime as possible, in case someone decides to disobey at the end of the day, thus forfeiting their right to the sugary delights which are Obedience Treats. But we made it to 8 PM and I thought that meant we were home free, so we enjoyed a little Obedience Treat action.



Around about then the words "bed time" exited my mouth, and it was like the sweet delightfulness of the Obedience Treat (that was still probably on their tiny little tongues) was forgotten and it was like the floodgates of anguish opened and poured out. I took my tired self to bed, and sweet daddy dealt with the insane crying and wailing and pleading to "just let me stay up 5 more minutes." Thus making it FAKEY GREEN DAY. It always seems to work out that way - be good all day to get your obedience treat, and then be bad anyways. I think I want to go back to bed. I'm too tired.

But here I am trying to talk myself into getting up and getting a shower, so I can go work some more - this time cleaning, laundering, potty training, playing, reminding to be nice, breaking up arguments, etc. But right now I'm planted watching for the Million, Billionth time a rerun, but because it's Princess Bride I really don't mind it. And even though I'm tired, I'm good. Even though I'm good but tired, I'm really looking forward to the eternal rest that's coming. Tired, but good - INCONCEIVABLE (I really do love Princess Bride).

No comments: