Friday, July 12, 2013

Making Cheese

Tonight we're making cheese!!!!  We're using this recipe.  I've tried it before, but it didn't turn out so well.  So I watched this video to get a better perspective.  I feel like this time I can do it!  I really like the girl in the video and the company that makes them.  I learned how to plant and harvest my wheat by watching another one of her videos.

After we make the mozzarella, we'll use the whey to make ricotta using this recipe.

On Saturday, we'll use the leftover whey to make bread for the week, using this recipe.  It's the absolute BEST bread recipe I've ever tried.  The whole family loves it, and I think it tastes best when you use buttermilk or whey to make it.  Instead of making two loaves with the recipe, I usually make three.  Otherwise the bread is so big little people can't finish a whole sandwich.

No comments: