Friday, July 12, 2013

Cheese Success!

Making mozzarella and ricotta today was a HUGE success!!!!!!  I'm so happy.  Praise God that the process worked this time.  The last time I tried to make cheese, it was not such a success.

My ultimate dream is this....CHEDDAR CHEESE!!  I would have to invest in a couple supplies, but I did just find out we have the PERFECT basement for aging cheese.  I had just been lamenting the fact that our basement was a waste of space, because it's so cold and damp.  Well, apparently, that is the perfect environment for making cheddar cheese.  Who knew!

Can't wait to try it out!

I also recently found this article that shows lots of ways to use whey.  In the video I watched for mozzarella, the girl just threw the whey down the drain.  I almost died.  I couldn't believe it.  That is such a protein-packed beneficial part of milk.

No comments: