Thursday, July 11, 2013

Final Approval for Manuscript!


Months ago I was asked to write a booklet about Anxiety and Panic Attacks.  I had never been published before, so I was unaware of all of the parts of the process.  

I feverishly wrote and edited during my final months as Vision of Hope, sending in my manuscripts at different points of the editing process with just minutes to spare before the deadlines arrived.  It was a very exciting and humbling process, and I am very thankful for the wonderful editors and their helpful changes.

This booklet looks very different than my original version, but I think it is good and will be helpful for those that struggle with anxiety or panic attacks.

I'd honestly forgotten that I'd written this until the FedEx person dropped off my "Extremely Urgent" package, which was the final edition for approval before the booklet goes to print.  It should come out in October.  

What a fun way to end today!  

After livestock chores this morning, we spent the morning repairing storm damage to our garden from yesterday's straight line winds, and that was honestly a little discouraging.  In just minutes, hours and hours of work and months and months of growth were destroyed.  We spent some time praying in the garden out loud together that God would spare our garden from more damage.  

After that I canned dill relish while Hailey cleaned the bathroom and then both girls cleaned their bedrooms.  I had to redo one of the pints of dill relish because I had screwed on the ring too tight, and the lid buckled and caused an imperfect seal.  I also realized that my new canning pot takes longer to come to a boil than I previously thought, which was discouraging because it makes all of the process longer.  I also put away all of my canned items.  For the hours and hours of work that I've done this week, I only had 10 quarts of vegetables.  It was a lot of work, and each step took twice as long as it should have because I kind of don't know what I'm doing.

So on a week where every day has been full of failures and redos, it was good to be reminded that failures and redos are ok.  I got the final copy of my booklet that was rewritten many times, and the effort was worth it.  I don't know how to can very well.  I am going to screw up.  I hope that I don't kill our family with food poisoning in the process.  Hopefully, God will protect us from my inexperience and bless my efforts as fumbling and ignorant as they are.

Now we are rewarding ourselves for all of our hard work with a trip to the pool!

No comments: