Sunday, March 8, 2009

Remorse

This morning was a sad morning in the Wallace house with a major hour-long tempter tantrum by one of the kids who's old enough to know better. It made me late for teaching Sunday School this morning, and it resulted in time outs and early bedtime (for more than one night). That's like totally the worst ever! Only mean mommies do that.

This afternoon the child in question decided to write me a note while I was lying down with the other child, and she taped it to my wall above my desk. The note on top says "Oka, I love u faerer and er. (translated Ok, I love you forever and ever)" The note underneath is especially meaningful, because this morning while I was being screamed at she said she wanted a different mommy. The note underneath says "Du you wunt to be mi mom mom? Yes i wunt to be ya mom."

I guess some of what I said this morning got through to her. It was actually an interesting conversation on the way to church when she still wasn't convinced that she was ready to obey when I described all the ways that God tells us we have to obey and how God promises that if we don't obey we'll have a very hard life.


Yes, I want to be your mommy. . . . even when it's really, really hard.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Aaaw, yes, it's all worth it, even when it's really, really hard, isn't it?! Thanks for this sweet reminder!