Friday, September 5, 2008

Good Evening!

We just got back from a really fun evening with the VOH girls and our sweet friends the Opperman family. I never know how to pluralize their name - is the Oppermen or the Oppermans. Anyway, we had a great time.

Even some of the VOH girls who've decided to be surly for the last week gave it up and had a great time (against their greatest efforts otherwise). :-)

We had a little cake for Brian's birthday. This is his second birthday cake this week and his birthday isn't even until Sunday (because I'm determined not to forget his birthday this year like I did last year.)

And I won both games that I played! And I played with Brian, who's on a bowling league! Can you believe my luck?

Hailey and Shelby had so much fun. They love the VOH girls. Their love is so pure and unadulterated. They just love them, and love them, and love them. Even if the big girls are being stinker-tushes. Hailey and Shelby don't even realize it. They just think they're the greatest things since sliced bread. It reminds me to not let my momentary frustration with the VOH girls mouthiness / moodiness / drama / (take your pick of adjectives) impede my willingness to love them like Jesus would love them - pure and unadulterated!

Loving is so hard sometimes. It is soooo not an emotional thing. It's more like the hardest most disciplined thing I can do - to love like Jesus does.

No comments: