Sunday, September 28, 2008

2 AM Sunday morning

It's 2 AM Sunday morning. I've been awake since 11:48 pm when my brother texted me and the "Message Received" tone on my phone woke me up. I sleep with it next to my ear, so when there's an emergency at work I hear the phone and it doesn't wake the rest of the house up. So when it goes on in the middle of the night I usually am startled awake.

So, since I was wide awake I decided to check my email to see how the end of shift at VOH went. It's nice to know the play by play minute by minute. I don't sleep well when I don't know how things turned out at work.

Then I was still wide awake so I checked one of my favorite blogs, other than my sisters. I have no idea who she is but she fascinates me, this Joanna and her MyMeanderings blog. She seems so like me, same age, same kids ages, fascination with photography and quotes and the simple life revolving around a real relationship with God.

So here it is two and a half hours later, and I'm still wide awake.

On top of that I got a new Bible and I'm dying to read it, but if I read it I'll be even more wide awake. I'm dying to show it to Brian but he's irritated that I went $25 over budget on the purchase of said Bible. It's a NASB Key Word Bible in Genuine Leather (black) with my name on it. It's the best Bible I've ever had, and I disobeyed my husband's budget to buy it, and now I feel guilty about it. I sinned to get a Bible. Oh my word, that is bad. I need him to wake up so I can ask his forgiveness.

I better go back to bed and try to sleep or I'll never be able to get up in 4 hours to get ready to teach a bunch of 2 year olds that are going to be nuts from staying up too late last night playing outside because it was such a beautiful day here.

I also must say that I feel incredibly lost without my digital camera. I miss being able to organize my thoughts through my shots. Note to self . . . I must think of how to save $800 so I can buy the SLR Digital camera I really, really want. I wonder if I could have a garage sale or something. That's a lot of money. That's probably over Brian's budget too.

I hate budgets!

Speaking of budgets, I'm supposed to be in the thick of organizing a fundraiser for work for Oct 16th. I'm only just starting. Do you ever have one of those projects that's so intense that you can't even get started, because you don't know where to start, and once you do start you going to die from how much work it is, and you're going to be exhausted for weeks, and it probably won't go as good as it needs to go to satisfy the people who are invested in the success of the thing? I need to get working on it.

I need to go back to bed.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I hate budgets, too ... and I do hope you can get your camera!!

Do you remember red-headed Julie Jeffery from freshman year at BBC? Joanna whom you mentioned is her sister. I love her blog, too! She truly inspires me.

I hope you finally got some sleep! :)