Sunday, September 7, 2008

Daddy's birthday

Today is daddy's birthday. I was DETERMINED to not forget it this year, since I did last year, because I'm so lame! So we celebrated by making daddy some birthday cards, which apparently Hailey feels is especially honorable, since she told me it would be soooooo wonderful if I would make HER a birthday card next year instead of buying one.

Then while making the birthday cards at 7:30 pm on Saturday night I realized there were no birthday presents, so we ran to the store late at night and bought a case of Dr. Pepper (always a hit) and a Sudoku electronic game. Brian has this thing against birthday presents in general, so those were fabulous.


Enjoying daddy's birthday breakfast.


Hailey reminded me several times today that now daddy is 31 just like me. Nothing like having it announced!

The day turned out to be not so hot, due to the late night shopping. The lack of sleep majorly disoriented the smaller individuals in our family and thus resulted in MANY time outs, which thus resulted in early bedtime, which thus resulted in screaming and crying, which thus resulted in early bedtime tomorrow night too per our families early bedtime policies and procedures. Ahh consequences. You gotta love 'em.

Happy Birthday, Daddy! Don't forget. You're 31 now too.

No comments: