Friday, August 23, 2013

Making Homemade Stuff

Last night at supper every single side dish was produced from our garden.  It was very satisfying!

Last night after the kids went to bed I tried my friends homemade yogurt recipe.  I just tasted my first bite, and it is awesome!

When I tasted it without sweetener I realized how much it was like sour cream, so I looked up how to make sour cream.  Lo and behold, it's just as easy to make as yogurt.

Here's the recipe for sour cream I'm going to try.  As a bonus it also tells you how to make cream cheese.

As a bonus, since you produce some whey from the cream cheese and yogurt process (if you make greek yogurt), I can also make ricotta!  Here's my recipe.

A majority of our weekly grocery list is milk and milk products.  I am so excited to learn how to make these three milk based things.  And they are ALL so easy!

No comments: