Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Life is Good!

We're having a SUPER day!  Yesterday it rained slow and steady for a couple hours, and today it's hot, which means our garden is growing right now.  The days that are the most uncomfortable for us are the ones that are best for the vegetables, so bring on the humidity.

We started today off by getting a food dehydrator worth around $100 from Craigslist for $25.  It had been used ONCE.  Score!  I brought it home, washed it, and already have zucchini drying on it.

I spent a couple hours continuing with our homeschool organization, and I feel really ready and excited.  We were going to wait until September to start after Labor Day, but the kids keep begging to start early.  We'll see.  I'm not convinced of what to do either way, so for now I'll just keep organizing and planning.  I can't believe how much I love school planning.  I hope we all love the realization of the planning!

After lunch one of the kids cleaned the bathroom and the other kid learned how to clean out and organize the fridge.  They were both freakishly delighted to do their assigned chore, which did brighten my day a bit.

To top it off, these beautiful flowers are from my garden and a clean house awaits our beloved daddy when he walks in the door after work.  Can't get better than this!


No comments: