Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy

You know how there are times when everything about life is not all well, but there are pieces that are so happy you don't know what to do with yourself? This weekend was like that.

I know there are things with life that are not right.

But it was so happy. The weather was in the 60's and 70's, perfectly sunny, and lazy. We've spent the last 3 days outside (before and after work, school, and church) on the picnic table Brian and the girls bought me for Mother's Day, laying in the hammocks, reading novels (for the first time in about 2 years), dreaming of the bonfires we will have in the fire bowl I got for Mother's Day.

Today, Brian and Hailey were fishing in his little boat. I was reading my second novel of the week, and I looked over at Shelby and said "Isn't this so happy?" She just smiled and kept swinging.

The last 3 or 4 days have been so happy. Peaceful and happy.


No comments: